Hockey players are some of the most talented athletes in the world. They combine elite skating skills, skilled hand-eye coordination, super strength and remarkable endurance to succeed in their sport.
But we rarely know what they excel at off the ice. The Capitals helped fill in some of those gaps by asking a handful of players what their hidden talents are.
— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) 24 January 2023
Backup goalkeeper Charlie Lindgren kicked things off by revealing that he plays a little guitar. That means he’s following in Braden Holtby’s footsteps, not only as a Capitals netminder, but also a musically gifted one.
Lindgren posted a series of videos in 2016 singing and playing guitar with Colorado Avalanche 2013 draft pick Ben Storm as the ‘Michisota Boys’.
Tom Wilson revealed that he can speak a little French. Since French is one of Canada’s two official languages, it is taught in Ontario’s publicly funded English-language schools from grades 4 to 8.
Wilson was born and raised in Toronto.
Forgot to share this little story involving Tom Wilson at Game 6 in Toronto. @russianmachine pic.twitter.com/4OHYuuXmH7
— Steve “Dangle” Glynn (@Steve_Dangle) April 27, 2017
The video finally ends with the Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin. Ovi states that his “hidden” talent is that he is a hockey player.
This is the same Alex Ovechkin who boasts a trophy cabinet that includes a Stanley Cup, Calder Memorial Trophy, Art Ross Trophy, nine Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophies, three Lester B. Pearson/Ted Lindsay Awards and a Conn Smythe Trophy among other achievements.
— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) 21 June 2018
The secret might be out there, Ovi.
Here is a list of the other hidden talents that the boys revealed.
- Nic Dowd always loses to rock, paper, scissors. We need to find Nic a new one here.
- Trevor van Riemsdyk has elite sock throwing ability from across rooms to hampers. More like Steph Curry with sock.
- Anthony Mantha is good for video games. Someone get this man a copy of Elden Ring.
- Conor Sheary can juggle. Are we talking like full-on circus clown juggling?
- Darcy Kuemper and Yevgeny Kuznetsov both claim to be chefs in the kitchen. Caps need to try it out on video ASAP.
Header photo: Cara Bahniuk/RMNB