On Tuesday, Titleist announced that a new lineup of Scotty Cameron “Super Select” putters is coming soon in 2023. There will be 10 new Super Select putter models in total, but the release will be in two waves:
- Six new Scotty Cameron Super Select models will hit stores from 17 March 2023 (Newport, Newport Plus, Newport 2, Newport 2 Plus, Newport 2.5 Plus and Squareback 2)
- Then four new Scotty Cameron Super Select models will hit stores on May 19, 2023 (Super Select Fastback 1.5, Del Mar and the new GOLO 6 and GOLO 6.5)
Compared to Scotty Cameron’s previous “Special Select” putters, which came out in 2020, Titleist says the new Super Select 2023 putters feature new blade and mid-mallet model designs, revamped neck styles, refined shapes, new milling techniques, improved multi-material construction and “groundbreaking ” weight distribution. Of course, Scotty Cameron works closely with tour professionals week-in and week-out, so naturally there have been a number of changes throughout the series since the previous release in 2020.
Overall, there are four major changes you’ll see throughout the Super Select 2023 putter family:
- “Plus” models: The Newport Plus, Newport 2 Plus and Newport 2.5 Plus models look like traditional blade-style putters, but are made with wider dimensions to help promote hammer-like forgiveness.
- Dual milling process: To improve feel, sound and performance, Scotty Cameron now uses a double-milled process that he previously used on Tour Prototypes, according to Titleist. Here’s how the milling process works: “After a deep-milled pass of the mill across the putter face, a second pass of the mill flattens the top of the mill, providing a flatter, more uniform surface for the ball to contact the putter face,” says Titleist.
- “I-Beam” hosels: Eight of the 10 new models – aside from the Del Mar and GOLO 6 – feature a new hosel design that helps remove weight from the neck of the putter, which was then moved into the toe and heel portions of the heads to increase forgiveness .
- Weight configuration: The multi-material putters (303 stainless bodies and aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum sole plates) have weights in the sole made from either stainless steel or tungsten, allowing Scotty Cameron to optimize weight distribution in each model.
Here’s what Scotty Cameron himself had to say about the 2023 series:
“With the new Super Select putters, the name just fits. I’ve been making putters for a long time, and as each line rolls out and is played, new ideas emerge. There is always a better way. I try to make all the adjustments I can to give the players more performance, to give them more confidence and ultimately hopefully more success.
“Key to the 2023 Super Select family are the new ‘Plus’ models that I introduced on Tour last year and then made into a few limited edition models to really showcase this new higher MOI blade design. Now we have three new ‘Plus’ options in some of our most popular designs Plus I’ve brought back the GOLO name and shape in a new size Familiar models like our Newport, Newport 2, Squareback 2, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar all have our new double milling for a great surface feel that combines the feel of a deep milling with the consistency across the surface of the middle cutter.Inspired by putters made for tour professionals, I have introduced new I-beam necks and various cosmetic upgrades to the finish and graphics, I’ve gone to great lengths to make these Super Select putters live up to their name.”
Each of the new Scotty Cameron Super Select putters is slated to retail for $449 each (MAP; Minimum Advertised Price) and comes stock with two customizable weights. The blade-style putters are equipped with a Pistolini grip, while the mid-hammers are equipped with a relatively larger Pistolero Plus grip.
Here’s how Titleist describes the Super Select putter aesthetic:
“New 2023 Super Select stainless steel putter heads all undergo Scotty’s silver mist process for a near-permanent, brilliant, yet glare-resistant look and texture. The 6061 aluminum components have been frosted and anodized to a clear, bright aluminum finish. Scotty’s familiar three-dot theme carries through to the rear cavities as unpainted, raw circles milled into the stainless steel. The engravings and sight lines are painted asphalt gray, except on the soles, where Scotty Cameron and the ‘+’ symbols on Plus models are highlighted in cherry red translucent paint.”
Scotty Cameron Super Select Releases March 17th (Six Models)
Super Select Newport
Super Select Newport Plus
Super Select Newport 2
Super Select Newport 2 Plus
Super Select Newport 2.5 Plus
Super Select Squareback 2
Scotty Cameron Super Select Releases May 19 (Four Models)
Super Select Del Mar
Super Select Fastback 1.5
Super Select GOLO 6
Super Select GOLO 6.5
See what GolfWRX members are saying about Scotty Cameron 2023 putters in our forums
- LAUGH OUT LOUD5