1. Kathikeya 2: The film directed by Chandoo Mondeti with Nikhil in the main lead appealed to the audience who like ‘out of the routine’ movies.
The supernatural and divine elements worked well in delivering the new experience. The adventurous odyssey of the protagonist in finding out an element related to Lord Krishna forms the crux of the film.
The movie is running with housefuls everywhere and by the end of the first week it proved to be a successful venture. We need to see how far it continues its saga this week.
2. Sita Ramam: This film targeted at the class audience finally ended up making good collections.
The openings were impressive and surprisingly the second week collections were also consistent due to the positive word of mouth publicity. This is a relief to the Telugu Film Industry after a long time.
Dulqar Salman played the lead while Mrinal Thakur fulfilled the requirement as female lead. Hanu Raghavapudi gave his best and finally it is a sigh of relief for producer Ashwini Dutt.
3. Bimbisara: This is targeted for the mass audience but as a bonus it appealed for the toddlers due to its out of the box socio fantasy element.
Kalyan Ram risked it by picking up this interesting tale but his decision fell on the right side making this a hit.
The collections are pretty good in many centers and the second week also has seen reasonable collections in many centers.
Kalyan Ram played the dual role while Catherine Tresa played the female lead. Mallidi Vasist scored a hit with his debut as the director.
4. Macherla Niyojakavargam: This film directed by the editor turned director MS Rajasekhara Reddy failed in hooking to the audience of all centers. Made in an outdated style the film toppled at the box office miserably.
Nithiin tried to emerge as a mass hero with this film, but the weak script marred his dreams. Finally the film ended up as a disaster at the box office.
5. Laal Singh Chadha: This film proves to be the most miserable disaster of the season at the Indian box office.
The remake of 1994 Oscar winning film Forrest Gump is dumped by the audience. Much to the shock this is Aamir Khan’s product but still failed to create any pre release buzz.
On a whole this film failed to garner positive word of mouth publicity as well. It stars Naga Chaitanya in an important role.